Header Ads

What are the best reliable sources to learn about Buddha?

Short version:

I am looking for the most reliable sources to learn about the guy and what he taught.

Long version:

I have been told a tonne of lies about this guy and his teachings throughout my life. Some of the lies made him look terrible and some made him look awesome. However, I've heard enough about him to want to know more. The problem I have is with the generic issues one faces while trying to learn about ANY religious figure. I fully realise that I may at best get second-third-hand reports of what he said and did. I am still very much interested in reading materials on the subject which aren't biased towards selling me any particular sectarian view of the guy. Are there good books that can give me that kind of an insight into his life and opinions?

Please note:

I am not seeking any form of religious conversion or anything like that.

submitted by /u/E4Engineer
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2S7Kstp
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.