Header Ads

Lacking the Desire to Do Anything

Namaste everyone, ever since I began acknowledging the three marks of existence my life has become less stressful and happier. Coupled with meditation, most of my worries faded away gradually. This has left a lasting impact on me personally though which I deem negative. In short, I've developed apathy. Not for others, I'd say that I am very compassionate and caring of others, but I don't seem to have the interest to continue hobbies that I once dearly enjoyed and fostered. This is because I see these activities as impermanent and thus that they will never truly give me happiness and ultimately are pointless. I also don't feel like trying anything new either. No matter how much I try to rid myself of this state of dull indifference it just seems impossible.

Even my friends at school told me that I am so much more peaceful than my old bubbly, flared self. They meant this as a compliment of course but it didn't feel like one.

I would like to know if any of you went through a phase like this as well and if so, how you overcame it. Thank you.

submitted by /u/WeebishHedonist
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2QjrLCN
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.