Header Ads

self, ego, my story(use the terms you like) are illusion, but I shouldn't deal with them by telling myself they are illusion(this causes suppressed feelings and suffering). Then how else do I deal with them?

An example to clarify my question: In my attempt to be better than my unskilled reaction, I did not react when someone was mean to me. I thought I could react with compassion rather than anger. And I did, but only by suppressing it. A year later, the feelings of resentment came out.

I tell myself, "my self does not exist, my feelings do not exist, so why am I feeling angry--I shouldn't be because I am being fooled. I am being ignorant and letting my ego have control and it's causing me to be angry and none of it is even real!".

In my attempt to "see the truth" and be wise, I suppress and suffer. I don't understand how to know that my feelings are illusion, and yet go along with them as if they are real. Which is it? It's like I have to go along with them until I have an actual epiphany. My intellectual concept that it is illusion is not helpful. It's not in my bones--it is a superficial understanding...just words really. Advice? Thank you.

submitted by /u/MoreConcentrate
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2P9oSI3
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.