Header Ads

Having Trouble Finding My Way Back

I've been practicing Buddhism since April of this year, and I've noticed a substantial change in my life. I've experienced things in a new way: in the now, with patience, compassion and little to no judgement. I've understood the 3 Dharma seals both intellectually and intuitively. But in September, I suffered a back injury and my practice faltered. I was in a lot of pain, which kept me anxious and unmotivated to meditate, so things regressed to their former state.

Since then, I've healed somewhat, and have been able to focused on my practice again, but things aren't the same. I feel like I can't get back to where I was. I try to internalize the teachings as before, and I know them, intellectually, but I can't gain the intuitive insights. It feels mechanical. I know part of my problem is probably that I am trying (having expectations of experience rather than letting things happen), but it's just getting to me. Any advice or words from the who have been in similar situations would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/NaeusofStryx
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2RAMMJz
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.