Header Ads

Not drinking alcohol when you're in your early 20s. Pros? Cons?

I feel so conflicted when it comes to alcohol. I realize it's an intoxicant and it's against the 5th precept, but I just can't seem to cut it out of my life due to the social aspect. I'm so torn. On one hand, I feel horrible after drinking and regret it. On the other hand, I feel like it brings me closer to others and allows me to access my repressed emotions, bringing me closer to myself. I feel like the cons outweigh the pros, but do you guys think it's somewhat acceptable to use in moderation? My age group is all about alcohol, so I feel ostracized when I don't drink-- even though I like my sober self far more than my drunk self. Advice would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/aurora_claire
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2qsq6iT
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.