Header Ads

I have so many questions.

I've been interested in Buddhism for a while. It seemed peaceful and less terrifying than many alternatives. So I've been reading, mostly Brad Warner; his writing style is easier for me to follow and understand and I've been watching his videos on YouTube. I'm still confused about zazen though. Are my eyes supposed to be open or shut? Does it matter? What's the purpose of a home shrine? Do only certain schools set them up, or...? Also the nearest temple to me is an hour away and since I dont drive it's almost impossible for me to get to it, if I can't get to one is watching YouTube talks and reading books similar enough or is going to a temple different and really important? I feel like there's so much information out there, I'm kinda drowning in it lol.

submitted by /u/snarkbrarian
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2r7GuWv
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.