Header Ads

Seeing Thanissaro Bhikkhu

I'm going to preface this by saying I probably sound like a fan girl, I know, I'm aware. I came to Buddhism through Zen, but it was Pali Canon which really brought me peace and kept me going on my path. Thanissaro Bhikkhu is a huge reason for my understanding of Buddhism. His translations of the Suttas, his hours of Dharma talks on Dharma Seed and many of his essays bring me to a level of understanding that keeps propelling me forward on the path.

My Sangha is VERY laid back, it is essentially is a basement hang out of fellow meditators that have dharma talks. Where I'm going to see Thanissaro Bhikkhu is a place that is more formal, it's for monastics. It'll be a casual tea and dharma talk, I don't know how to behave. If I should try and speak to him or if I should just sit back and take it in. I don't know why I'm even making this post except that I want community with other Buddhists, telling me I sound crazy or just take it in. I feel this desire to tell him how much he means to be, but just doesn't seem very Buddhist. I'm highly lacking in equanimity over this situation.

submitted by /u/slodro_the_sloth
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2OmbuuM
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.