Header Ads

Literature on Applying the Noble Eightfold Path in the Modern World

Hello,

I've been practicing meditation on-and-off and pseudo-lurking in this sub for a very long time and I think it's time to actually start practicing Buddhism proper to see if it works for me.

Are there any books that I can read that would help with translating or applying the Eightfold Path in everyday life?

For example: "Right View" is the understanding that our actions have consequences. The type of book, or any form of media, that I'm looking for would provide examples of "Right View" in the workplace or home. Such as, choosing to write down documentation for work because it would help myself and others down the line.

Why? I like reading theory and philosophy, but because I'm a hairless monkey, I know that "monkey see, monkey do" is better for practical application and learning than just memorizing concepts.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/SalsaDeliversTVs
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2Q9OQrt
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.