Header Ads

New one interested to Buddhism here, where can I start?

I am personally agnostic towards the general Big 3 Monotheistic idea of God. So I'm not religious in that manner. What attracted me towards Buddhism in the first place was the emphasis of (what seems to me) as compassion, love for others, and for myself. I'm not interested in the stuff about the cycle of rebirth, as I personally do not think that stuff is true.

But disregarding that, where can I get started on learning Buddhist principles? I've heard and it seems from lurking/browsing here, that meditation is a big component of Buddhism. I'm just confused as to what is the path of things that I learn and practice. I don't know what I don't know, I'd just like a good outline/roadmap of the teachings.

Thanks in advance of course!

I will admit, I'm a newbie who doesn't know much about common Buddhist beliefs (which is why I am making this post) so if something I say here that is inaccurate, please do correct me!

submitted by /u/generic2598217409823
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2Eivdv1
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.