Header Ads

What I've Learned

Just wanted to create a post, really highlighting a key aspect that i've learned and how it applies to me and myself right now.

I'm pretty much trying to quit playing this video game. I know that there's nothing inherently bad about it, that for us to make such value judgments on our everyday experiences can certainly pose to be a problem, but it is still a cause of much stress, and i notice that my mind settles and feels content when im actually NOT playing, then when i am. The Buddha was right, sensual pleasures are like a leper with sores, as they try to constantly scratch those itches, but in a healthy state of mind, they actually serve to be painful to one's being.

So it's day 1, and i've got many more to go. I'm not going to count, just trying to take it one day at a time, and i know that the key to all of this is that even though i have this intense desire to actually play, i can be fine just sitting with it. It doesn't mean that i have to say, NO i absolutely must not play, or YES I WILL PLAY. It's ok if the feeling is simply there, and that it arises and ceases. That is fine, there is nothing i have to say or do, and in time, this craving will ease away slowly.

So just wanted to share that all with you. I don't think i would have ever had the right mindset, or understood how to properly deal with these sorts of situations, if it wasn't for these couple of years really trying to engage, understand, and practice the teachings.

Metta to you all ^^

submitted by /u/lolabc12345
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2PNByES
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.