Header Ads

What is the buddhist approach to deal with self-harm?

Hello everyone,

I suffer from a disorder called Skin Picking, which lets me crawl in my skin for minutes and hours.

This results in scarrs, shame and guilt, but also anger, sadness and disappointment.

I usually do it when I'm stressed, but sometimes just out of curiosity or boredom.

I already signed up for the subreddit that deals with that problem and even though there is some good advice, I always pick again and again, worse and worse.

It gives me the feeling of cleaning, of erasing failure from myself.

Now that I want to get more into buddhism, I wonder if there is any buddhist approach how to deal with self-harming behaviour.

I'm thankful for every help.

submitted by /u/mindkingdom
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DZ7VKg
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.