Header Ads

The Characteristic of the Not-Self

So I am rather new to Buddhism (started learning and practicing about 6 months ago) and I was wondering if someone could help me wrap my head around this concept. I have been reading The Tree of Enlightenment by Peter Della Santina as an introduction to the concepts and teachings of Buddhism and I became confused on how a moral obligation to this life and the next lives exist if there is not a self. I understand the concept of the not-self when it is by itself but it seems to me like it almost contradicts interdependent origination in that your karma carries on through this life and the ones to follow. Sorry if this is a little long and if I didn’t clearly convey my question. Thank you for your time.

submitted by /u/Shi_Motarasu
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2PUCpnf
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.