Header Ads

Question About Tradtions/Sects

I have been reading more and more about Buddhism recently, it's something I always had a basic knowledge of but I have started to actually listen to and read some of the Scriptures (Diamond Sutra etc) and listen to talks as well as really think about the practices and teachings and how I could apply them to my life.

As I have read more I have also come across such a Vastness of Traditions and Linieages and while I was always aware that Buddhism like any religion has different sects I don't think I appreciated just how fragmented it was.

That said, what is a good way of determining if a Practice is good or not? Does it really matter which school or scripture they use? Are there some I should avoid?

I ask because I generally put a great ammount of stock in tradition and linieage in general and it's something that concerns me that if I start down the path of proper practice/ritual and application I want to do so in a Tradition that is going to bear fruits or is more grounded in the "truth" for want of a better term.

Sorry for the sprawling question and thank you in advance

submitted by /u/Syrokal
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DOWFQ5
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.