Header Ads

Like most Americans, I'm dealing with the intense feelings and media of the election. Words of encouragement as I try to let what I can't control go and sit with these intense feelings all around me?

I work at a university, and all day all I heard was "Are you going to vote?". To a lesser degree, I got some pressure to divulge who I was going to vote for. I couldn't escape it and it gave me intense anxiety. Now that I'm home, there are still few places I can turn without being reminded of how tense and upset people are in my country most of the time. Americans seem constantly angry and out for vengeance, regardless of their beliefs.

I'm going to spend some extra time tonight meditating, but the sheer intensity of it is putting me very much on edge. I'm already hypersensitive anyways. Do any of you have some words to help me through this difficult day and night?

submitted by /u/StealsPaperTowels
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DoUMtZ
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.