Header Ads

In the future, I'd like to join a monastery. How'd I go about doing this?

Some information

I'm 18 yrs old and I've been meditating on and off for about two years, but the past months I've been taking it more seriously and meditated daily without stopping and longer times. I've also recently started doing some guided meditation with the help of Ajahn Brahm.

I'm not a buddhist, not religious, I'd rather like to join a monastery to escape from this. But I don't mind learning about the religion.

I'd like to live a simple life, meditating and learning and working at the monastery and whatever else I might have to do. I have a very romaniticized image of what it means to be a monk, and perhaps in a few years I don't wish to do it any longer. But how would I go about joining a monastery? As I understand it in some countries, such as Thailand, it's common to do join one even if not permanently.

I'd like to finish my degree first before hand but after that, who knows?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/StannisBa
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2FbW6lI
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.