Header Ads

I need some help on my path

I am very new to the Buddhiat path and have been working to be more mindful and compassionate and patient with those around me and myself in general.

I work at a Hospital in a rural area that is ravaged by drug addiction and the actions that come with drugs. At times I find it very difficult to suppress or stop thoughts about certain persons that may be negative or otherwise derogatory because their actions in the hospital or the actions that led them to their visit and in some cause they incarceration (we get a fair amount of prisoners on my unit)

I can understand that not everyone makes the choice to become addicted to drugs, and that not everyone choses to live the way some people have to. Poverty has a crippling hold over the people in this area and from it comes desperation and depression which can lead a person down the wrong path.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how I can work to be more kind and compassionate to these people who have done terrible things to others and to my coworkers and myself?

.

submitted by /u/QwertySayZ
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2qEW4bK
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.