Header Ads

Help with intense feelings of guilt

My daughter suffered a brain injury at birth and I feel responsible due to some of the choices I made. At the time I thought I was doing what was best for her but looking back I am consumed by guilt. I feel so stupid for disregarding my doctor's advice and wanting to have a more natural birth despite a medical condition I have. I feel like I can't and shouldn't forgive myself. My guilt is so bad I have suicidal thoughts some days. However I have to be there for her, and I feel like I will be forever trapped in this guilt and self-loathing, taking care of the person I hurt and love the most.

I am looking for some perspective from Buddhism to help me remain sane and be there for my daughter. How can I change my view to avoid exponentially increasing suffering from this situation?

submitted by /u/Momo_le_chat
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2RatSJg
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.