Header Ads

Exploring non-self in romantic relationship

My girlfriend is currently suffering with anxiety, depression and quite possibly bipolar disorder. It's been a stressful year balancing her mental health with my life as well. I've been able to be compassionate for most of the time realizing that none of her attacks are personal towards me but rather a manifestation of her illness. Last night I reached a breaking point though. I had to let her know how I felt and told her she can't keep taking advantage of my compassion by not taking charge of her mental health. I'm not sure if this was the mindful approach. I thought more on this and wanted to see if the non-self ideals would help here. I had the analogy of her attacks on me as if I was a punching bag in a gym. But then I realized if there is truly no self, then she is actually just punching a bag with my face printed on it. I'm not even in the gym. I'm not in any space. Please let me know your thoughts on my thinking. Be well.

submitted by /u/pavpatel
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2zNmUmn
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.