Header Ads

Doubts about acceptance

Well, I am not buddhist, but I do like most of its philosophy as I learn more and more (I took some books to read... 'The Experience of Insight' (Goldstein) and 'The Foundations of Buddhism' (Gethin)).

Now, I have this doubt... to which degree should one be passive regarding acceptance?

I mean: one girl gets traumatized with a rape in her past, so she should give up sex for the rest of her life? Or then... a guy had a panic attack and developed agoraphobia, not going out anymore due to fear... should this guy just be passive and accept his new life of not going out home until the end of his life?

How does the 'acceptance' thing should be faced when one have very limiting traumas? Am I getting the wrong message here? Maybe it's acceptance about the feeling of fear that you will need to overcome the situations... I don't know.

Your thoughts on this?

submitted by /u/discreteUser
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DAcdYB
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.