Header Ads

dealing with ego attachment to salary

Hey all,

I've been dealing with an inner issue this week. I am a new grad in tech. I have worked very hard over the past few years. I went from making no money to making well over 6 figures with a snap of the fingers.

Since this big change I have felt a big internal change too. I have noticed that I have started to attach my sense of self worth to salary(which I recognize is complete bullshit-we're all just human). I don't understand why this has happened as my sense of self worth has always been healthy and internal. I don't like the change.

Have any of you experienced something similar? How have you gotten through this? I want to get back to my more grounded self, but have been having a difficult time letting go of this attachment(granted its only been a week), and find myself hoping I can tell people(and then thinking, "seriously man?").

submitted by /u/PlayfulRemote9
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DRyTUj
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.