Header Ads

Can someone help me understand Awakening/Enlightenment a little better?

I would love to pursue a steady and consistent daily meditation practice, and I have been working toward this goal, albeit slowly(insert typical "life is busy" and other unfounded and meaningless excuses here). I understand that to fully understand the state of Enlightenment or Awakening I will have to eventually just experience it for myself, and I know there is no shortage of people who won't hesitate to tell me this fact. I would like, however, to have some kind of platform on which to base a basic idea of what it means to achieve Awakening.

Are there any of you who would be able to give me a basic explanation of Awakening, regardless of how ridiculous that phrase may sound? I am currently listening to "The Mind Illuminated", and I have been finding it very helpful in establishing a regular meditation practice, however, I would also be interested in some material that focuses more specifically on the state of Enlightenment/Awakening itself. If any of you have any recommendations that fit the bill, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance, everyone!

submitted by /u/wake-up-already
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DkidEy
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.