Header Ads

Any non-Vajrayana mantras?

Recently, I had become very interested in the Vajrayana branch of Buddhism. Before hand I've been more aligned with the Chinese Mahayana school Chan, however I wasn't a strict follower. What initially drew me to Vajrayana were the more experiential forms of meditation and development. One of these interests being with mantras.

After doing some research I feel that maybe Vajrayana is not right for me. However, I have found benefit with incorporating mantras into my daily routine. I've only been reciting "om mani padme hum," because everyone is permitted to say this one.

I know that mantras are primarily are a Vajrayana practice, but I still see the benefits of doing them. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any mantras from other branches, or ones that anyone can recite within vajrayana, that I could incorporate into my practice.

submitted by /u/longandskinny
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2yQsvZ5
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.