Header Ads

The politics of enlightenment

Was going to just send this letter to Ajahn Brahm, but they get thousands of letters at the monastery, so thought it would be possibly more useful posted here instead! Responses welcome from all readers.

Dear AB,

Thankyou for bringing deep meditation to the masses, including me. Much as I work on developing my mind's stillness and clarity, I am still dogged by futulity of working in unfulfilling jobs just to buy food and pay rent. I wish there was an engaged Buddhism initiative I could join, working towards a world of affordable food and shelter for all, reducing the poverty gap, generating right livelihoods, and so on. It is now as though the product of my clearer mind is to bring these good things to all the people. From a point of peace and contemplation, I seek to rid humanity of drudgery, slavery, wasted years, and inequality. My question is, AM I DELUSIONAL?

Please let me know your thoughts, and you're welcome to base your next talk on this.

submitted by /u/MattMoose23
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2RkENRj
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.