Header Ads

Seeking advice from a Buddhist perspective

I'm not really a practicing buddhist, although I meditate from time to time. I was just curious what kind of perspective I can get from the fine folks around here.

I'm in my 30s, in a mediocre local punk band. My very good friend that I've known for years plays guitar, and I play drums. The singer is just someone my friend knew.

The dilemma: While my friend is very much into music, and being in a band, I'm just kinda luke warm on it. I feel like after a couple years, I'm over it. I've had my fun and I'm ok with moving on. My motivation is gone. My friend, however, loves being in this band. He's newly divorced and has a kid, and this is one of the only expressive things he does. He's also stated that he feels musically connected to me and he really likes being in a band with me specifically. (or else I'd just tell him to find another drummer)

So here I am, making other plans in place of practice, not really talking about the band, and being very apprehensive about booking shows. I know he's stoked about writing more songs and stuff, but I'm not and I feel like a disappointment.

This has created some tension, and I'm afraid our friendship will suffer.

So what do y'all think of this predicament?

submitted by /u/o1oo
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2xVwD9J
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.