Header Ads

‘Nervous ticks’ as an indicator that you are not being mindful/still? an opportunity for improvement?

first of all, forgive me for not being very knowledgeable about buddhism. But I would really like to hear what you all think of this?

nervous ticks(such as tapping your foot, biting nails, scratching, tapping a pen, etc) are a clear indicator of not being mentally still, no? I realized last night while watching TV that when I go off on a thought tangent, I begin some automated motion(moving my foot)... but when I focus on the moment, and focus on my body, I realize that I was doing that movement unconsciously.

I know this is VERY particular, and kind of weird, but wouldnt you expect a mindful person to never do these things? That is what my gut tells me, but I wanted your advice. For a beginner like myself, focusing on these obvious physical indicators is kind of where I’m at in terms of becoming more mindful and more present. Thank you for insight on this.

submitted by /u/multi-effects-pedal
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2y4JHJr
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.