Header Ads

What does Buddhism say about dreams?

They terrify me, when I contemplate them. The fact that it takes one second to completely believe in a world that doesn't exist for more than a few minutes... to be entangled in its plot (I view it as a metaphor for this world). The constant changes, and the fluidity of the events, the irrationality of it all.

Do the dreams consist of what's in my mind? Of my kamma? If so - I'm terrified of how impure I am... if I leave this body, will I float for ages in the mental tendencies that are in my mind? In a sort of an unending dream? How could I even solve all this stuff? Dreams can be completely unrelated, or I can be in a meditative state during the day, falling asleep feeling peace and joy, and when I actuallly sleep the dreams are low, chaotic, disgusting sometimes, also oftentimes beautiful but those are more rare. In general the atmosphere of the dreams is unpleasant for me.

Should one disregard the dreams? Didn't feel like they correspond with the contents of our minds?

I have always wondered about that - why do dreams seem so unlike my waking reallity sometimes - how could I even purify that. I always wondered - is it possible for me to reach such a state that all dreams will be effortlessly pure, ecstatic, blissful, yes - fluid events, but all of them pure.

What are your thoughts and advice? So far I only contemplate and sometimes write down my dreams, try to find meanings, try to "feel" how the dream realities felt and so on. Contemplating and finding parallels to the "real world".

submitted by /u/IlllIlllIlllllI
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2DGXBHN
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.