Header Ads

Dzogchen vs Vipassana - Fundamental Differences?

Hey everyone,

I've been regularly meditating for a couple of years and while looking to deepen my practice, I've come across these two different styles. I've done a bit of searching online but am still struggling to understand the fundamental differences between these two traditions.

From what I gather, Vipasanna provides a series of steps to follow in order to achieve enlightenment (such as focusing on the breath, then on the bodily sensations etc), whereas Dzogchen claims enlightenment is our natural state that we can immediately realise? I might be wrong, and please correct me if so.

And what are the differences in terms of the actual meditation practice? I familiar with the Vipassana technique, but I'd really like to know how the Dzogchen technique differs, and the theory behind why the technique is different.

Any advice appreciate, thank you.

submitted by /u/sorryaboutlastnight
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2P1qRxT
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.