Header Ads

What was Gautama Buddha's exact words on idol worship? And in what Buddhist text was his statement mentioned?

I remember a long time ago, I came across some 불경(佛經) (I think the English term is "Buddhist texts"), where Gautama Buddha discouraged the concept of idol/deity worship.

I don't remember the exact words, or even what sutta that featured his statement on worship, so I tried googling with what little I can recall. However, I could only find forums or those question-and-answer websites of people asking whether or not Buddhists worship idols, but no direct links/websites to the actual Buddhist texts.

It would mean a lot if anyone could help me out, or direct me to the actual Buddhist text at the very best.

Please and thank you!

PS: I am new to Reddit and I do not know how to "flair" posts. I got a message from a Reddit moderator bot that I should mark this post, but I don't know how to "flair" posts after it has been uploaded. Sorry!

submitted by /u/BookofJuan
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2Rx9TV7
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.