Header Ads

Mindfulness and skincare workshop. Any ideas?

The temple I go to is hosting a Friday night workshop series for Buddhism related topics. (Like one week it was eye gazing meditation. This week it was a painting class.) I am a Master Esthetician, so when the sangha found out a few of the members asked me to teach a skincare class.

I want to tie mindfulness into it somehow, but I'm a little at a loss on how to go about it. I am a firm believer in the mind-body connection between face and mood. Like how remembering to smile more will uplift your spirits. During skincare treatments, I point out to clients how their muscle tension in the face is causing expression lines. I massage the tense muscles in the face and hand them a mirror to show the difference. But I'm not quite sure how to teach this in a workshop format without touching people.

I think I already have some good ideas flowing, but maybe somebody here can give me some more suggestions?

submitted by /u/RainbowRiki
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2JziCmO
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.