Header Ads

How many of you have achieved 1st jhana? What kind of practice brought you there?

I am trying my best to follow the Buddha's eightfold path and I am curious about how other people have found the path to the Jhanas. If you have achieved it, what kind of practice did you have that brought you there? How many hours a day do you meditate? What kind of lifestyle do you have? What kind of teacher did you have?

As for me, I meditate 30 minutes twice a day, simple metta and breathing meditation. There was a time when I once thought I experienced first jhana for just a moment, but I can't be sure. I don't have a teacher. I have experienced remarkable transformation in my life from following the path and from meditating, but I have the impression that the Jhanas require you to to be more or less reclusive and not working a full time job.

submitted by /u/squizzlebizzle
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2Rt9hzA
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.