Header Ads

Wanting to hunt and fish but knowing it causes pain and suffering. How to resolve conflicted feelings?

As a teen I ocean fished, we ate what we caught. I also shot pest possums on a farm, we gave their bodies to the farm owner for sale of fur.

I want to fish and hunt. I don't do it though.

I know it causes pain for animals. I know it causes suffering if done wrong. Fear. Death. I feel guilt for having done it on the past, even though I really enjoyed it. Enough guilt to not do it again, even if I am excited by catching a fish knowing I will eat it, or firing a gun and hitting an animal.

Is there a right reason to hunt or fish?

I own an air rifle, I've been offered to rabbit shoot on a farm where they are pests. But I can't bring myself to go, despite knowing I will enjoy it. It seems wrong to get enjoyment out of another animal suffering. I haven't done either in almost a decade. But I eat store bought meat, what is the difference.

How do I come to peace with the conflicting feelings of wanting to do something but knowing it's wrong?

submitted by /u/-DDAENG-
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2CTzljl
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.