Header Ads

I want to know your views and opinions on this

First of all, English isn't my native language, so please bear with me. And I don't know if this post is appropriate here, if no, please let me know and I will delete it :)

I have been reading of Buddhism lately and I want to know more, it really attracts me. But I have got a big obstacle, I have a mental illness ocd which stops me from doing what I want as I get intrusive thoughts. So, I'm having rough time reading about Buddhism so much but I will not give up, I keep trying.

Ocd, in short, a mental illness of intrusive, repetitive thoughts that you can't stop thinking or control, it gives me lots of bad thoughts popping up on my mind without me actually thinking of it, my ocd is not cleaning type, it's called magical thinking ocd, eg: thoughts like if I listen to this song, my loved ones will die. So I either don't listen to it or listen to it and end up with guilt, fear for doing so. Now I know it's all the symptoms of the illness, but Buddhism says even our thoughts have great importance and can create Karma?(correct me if I'm wrong) what about ocd intrusive thoughts where I exactly hate the thoughts that arise to the point I feel so much fear and anxiety and breakdown. Will those intrusive thoughts create unwholesome karma?

Thank you for reading and replies in advance :)

submitted by /u/let_gu
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2qfLOGO
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.