Header Ads

Can joining a buddhist group replace therapy?

I need help. I'm so miserable and lonely. Sometimes I just want to die.

I have no friends. I have hard time getting close to people. I'm so scared of being judged. I went out on a date with a woman recently, she said she had a great time but just wanted to be friends. I felt pathetic. Completely impotent and helpless and alone.

Buddhism is appealing to me, because buddhism says that I should practice detachment. I should not identify with all these terrible feelings I'm having. I should accept them and move on. I like the idea of that, but it never as well as it sounds in practice. I meditate a little, but I still can't accept the negativity and reach equamnity.

I need therapy, maybe. But I've spent so much money in the past on it, and it never helped me, and I'm just sick of spending hundreds of dollars an hour. I feel like it's going to make me even more depressed to spend so much money for nothing again.

Will a buddhist group take me in? I just feel so alone and I want to be a part of something, anything, that'll help and accept me. But in this city, there's just so many people, and when there's overpopulation then lives start becoming worthless and even in normally altruistic communities I feel that might carry over.

Sorry for the complete toxicity and bad vibes :). I am fully aware of how much of a downer I sound, but I guess I'm just hoping I can find some help. I have meditated and went to retreats before, and very briefly I felt at peace. It'd be great to achieve that again, and regularly.

submitted by /u/foosball99
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2P0XHPN
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.