Header Ads

Seasonal Affective Disorder is Disturbingly Detrimental to my Meditation Practice

I have been practicing various forms of meditation for the past three years and have changed this life in many ways. I suffer from Seasonal Affective disorder and it has been setting in as we get closer to winter. I love wintertime and all but I get horribly depressed, almost to the point of not being able to function. When I have been able to relax and touch the true moment very deeply. It seems that I have quite a bit of trouble focusing on the breath/Naval/or tip of my nose during these winter months. In fact I find it hard to breath at all due to such heavy anxiety and depression. As a result of not being able to function at my optimum level, others in my life become agitated and almost aggressive with me for not being able to help or even sometimes “be there at all” for my loved ones. Are there any suggestions for new forms of meditation that anyone has to offer? Honestly anything can help, I am open to listen to new ideas. This pain is killing me and it lasts so long. I really need some suggestions.

submitted by /u/Clear_Diet_Crayon
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2QfwOUt
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.