Header Ads

Is it normal to have seemingly random emotional reactions when listening to/ reading sutras? Also what to do with seemingly conflicting information?

I came across the earth store Buddha sutra or something along those lines. When I learned of the earth store Buddha's compassion and their vow, I became extremely emotional. It was completely out of my control... the depth of their compassion was more than I could have mentally conceived until then.

However further into the sutra they start talking about different hell realms and the horrible experiences people go through. I honestly just don't know what to do with that information. Apart of me intuitively feels like some of the things that ive read/heard don't align with the dharma. Is this aversion? Not going to lie, I feel off for some reason I'm trying not to think to much of it or get sucked in... I'm just perplexed. I understand the emptiness of words and concepts but I feel poisoned in a way. Are there sutras I should watch out for or dialogues that move away from the dharma? When I got to the part about thinking/saying allowed this Buddha's name or that Buddha's name to shave off eons of karma, that just seems like total and utter nonsense and contradictory to the core of Buddhism.

submitted by /u/relapzed
[link] [comments]

from Buddhism https://ift.tt/2NTbnM9
Blogger द्वारा संचालित.